HOT 🍋 WATER = perfect morning hydration
HOW TO: Cut a lemon into 4 wedges. Each morning squeeze a wedge into 8-12 ounces almost boiling water & throw the whole wedge into the mug. You can also add a few shakes of cayenne for a real wake-me-up. I LOVE seeing the sunny yellow wedge floating around in there. Pucker Up Sunshine!
5 REASONS TO JOIN THE HOT LEMON WATER CLUB:
1. Craving Buster: Sour & bitter foods reset taste buds to help you crave less sweet stuff.
2. Immune Boost: Lemon contains immune-boosting vitamin C.
3. Energy Kick: Staying well hydrated keeps energy levels naturally high.
4. Appetite Help: Water before meals decreases appetite so you naturally eat less.
5. Mental Jumpstart: Starting the day with hot lemon water gives you the feeling that you’ve already done something good for your body. It puts you mentally on track to have a healthy day and can snap you out of a less-than-healthy eating streak.
PS: You can drink hot lemon water along side your usual AM coffee. You don’t have to pick one over the other, have BOTH!
PPS: I designed a super cute Pucker Up Sunshine! Mug for us HOT 🍋 WATER drinkers!
Get it HERE!
Beth Reutter says
What are the benefits of drinking *hot* lemon water, as opposed to just squeezing lemon into water straight from the tap? I have a water bottle with a juicer built in for drinking lemon water all day. The juicer portion allows leaving the lemon half in the water and just refilling the bottle through the day. And what about doing orange water – same benefits as lemon water? Thanks!
I like “hot” because it feels more like a slow down, mindful morning ritual. Hot water also can help stimulate bowel movements. Other than that…there’s nothing else magical about the “hot” part of hot lemon water. Now as for the swapping out the lemon for an orange…the orange flavor can definitely help you enjoy water so you’ll drink more of it & it gives you vitamin C….but it is not sour. And although there is no research to support this, in practice when my clients & I eat more sour (lemon/vinegar) & bitter (greens) foods, it helps retrain a sweet tooth. xo
Is a 1/4 lemon enough to really do anything? Would the juice from one whole lemon be even better? Thanks!
A 1/4 of a lemon is great! It actually tastes delish, it’s not too acidic to protect teeth, and it is a good source of vitamin C (12.75% DV). Finally if you do it daily, you’d be drinking the juice of almost 100 LEMONS EACH YEAR! Which is just the right amount so that you actually keep doing it, instead of doing it for a few weeks and burning out from buying so many lemons! xoxoxo #HLWForever!