Logging your food can help you be more mindful & eat better. However, I don’t do food logs w/ clients because they are SO BORING. Writing down everything you eat….exhausting. snooze.
It’s more FUN to take pictures & it really helps you SEE what you are doing. Plus, many of my clients have DOUBLED weight loss results by logging like this. And the best part, this is all VISUAL. No counting, no measuring, no obsessing, no dieting.
Remember you’re taking pictures not to be perfect, just to be mindful. There’s MAGIC in taking that picture. For the brief second while you’re taking a picture it helps you be more conscious about what you’re putting into your body. Taking a picture helps you take OWNERSHIP of your decision, and that feels empowering.
1. RATIOS. Do I have my ratios right at each meal? A little grain + a little protein + lots of veggies w/ 100ish calories of a fat topping.
2. COLOR. Not enough color means not enough produce. When you scan your pics look for lots of colorful, alive produce at meals/snacks – not just packaged or beige foods.
3. NUMBER. Too many pictures means eating too often, too few pictures means skipping too often. Aim for 3 meal pics/day + up to 2 snack pics/day. Best snacks are produce + protein combos.
4. SWEETS/TREATS/ALCOHOL. When I’m having these are they social & fun – not at home, not alone.
5. WATER. Am I drinking enough water, at least half my body weight in ounces each day?
Start snapping your pics