Exciting news! US News & World Report just released their new 2023 list of the BEST DIETS… and my book, THE FLEXITARIAN DIET, came out on top!
The Flexitarian Diet ranked:
✨ NUMBER 1 Easiest Diet To Follow
✨ NUMBER 1 Best Family Friendly Diet
✨ TOP TWO Best Plant-Based Diet
✨ TOP TWO Best Diet Overall
This is a ranking done by a panel of over 30 nutrition experts, doctors, and epidemiologists of the most popular diets right now. So it’s a BIG deal! 🙌 And it’s what I’ve always known, eating more plants with FLEXIBILITY (instead of strict rules) is the BEST for health & happiness!
FLEXITARIAN STARTER GUIDE
How do I start eating FLEXITARIAN without being overwhelmed?
3 STARTER STEPS…
Step 1: ADD.
Start adding more plant foods like fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, and seeds to what you already eat.
Step 2: SWAP.
Swap out meat/poultry sometimes & swap in beans or lentils. Bean math: 1 ounce meat/poultry = 1/4 cup cooked beans/lentils.
Step 3: EXPERIMENT.
Try one new vegetarian or vegan recipe each week.
FLEX STARTER HOMEWORK YOU’LL LOVE…
Here are my fav quickie ways to be more flexitarian, give them a try!
1. Add an easy blender green juice to your breakfast.
2. Enjoy a simple chickpea sammie or cashew crunch wrap for lunch.
3. Snack on nuts or store-bought roasted chickpeas.
4. Try tacos for dinner w/ black beans or lentils seasoned w/ taco spices OR make your usual chicken/shrimp stir-fry w/ edamame instead.
5. Make chickpea cookie dough or chocolate chia pudding for dessert!