This sandwich contains healthy fats from whole foods and loads of fiber. It’s perfect for packing in a lunch sack or for a picnic.
Servings: 2 Print Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 Tablespoons)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole grain sprouted bread (such as Ezekiel™)
- Arugula (about 2 cups)
- Plum tomatoes (about 2)
- Mash avocado, beans, lemon and salt/pepper.
- Make sandwich with avocado hummus, arugula and tomato
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Hummus & Tomato Sandwich
sandwich + 1/2 cup filling
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Cindy Shroba says
I saw you on You and Me in the morning today making healthy appetizers. I can’t find the recipe for the avocado/shrimp cocktail. Can you give me the recipe? I looked on theamazingavocado.com. I’d like to make it for a holiday dinner this weekend. Thank you! Love you and your ideas!! Cindy
Here is the link to the recipes: http://www.theamazingavocado.com/recipes/main-dishes/marinated-shrimp-in-avocado-halves
Enjoy & thanks for watching!!
Brittney M says
the recipes on that website look amazing. Are they okay to make?
Any recipes fit on the Superfood Swap plan! Just make sure they are in the right RATIO on your plate (a little grain + a little protein + lots of veggies w/ 100 calories ISH of topping)… and that the recipe ingredients are REAL food, not CRAP! xx