Whip up this meat-free salad on the go. It is perfect for lunch, dinner or a meal away from home.
On a sprouted whole grain tortilla or bread, topped with baby spinach
On a bed of mixed greens with a side of brown rice crackers
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (about 4 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay™ Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together avocado, beans, bell pepper, celery, onions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with avocado/bean mixture.
- Serve on sprouted whole grain bread or tortilla topped with baby spinach, or on a bed of greens with a side of brown rice crackers!
Nutritional Facts for Bay Avocado Salad Sandwich
1 cup salad only
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This Bay Avocado chickpea salad is amazing! Instead of bread I wrapped it in a seaweed hand roll. I’m gluten intolerant and always looking for some different variation to a recipe.