This pub grub appetizer is baked, not fried and coated in brown rice flour, not white. It also provides an excellent source of skin-firming vitamin C and bone-building vitamin K thanks to antioxidant-rich veggies.
35 minutes • Servings: 6 Print Recipe
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup beer
- Oregano, sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into florets
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- Spray cooking oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour with beer.
- On a plate, mix remaining 1/2 cup flour w/ oregano, salt & pepper.
- Dip zucchini sticks, broccoli florets, and onion rings into beer-batter and then roll them in the seasoned flour.
- Place on baking sheet misted with cooking oil.
- Mist zucchini with oil and sprinkle generously with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crisp & golden.
These crunchtastic veggies are great SERVED w/ a squeeze of lemon, hot sauce, guac, or even ranch.
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Veggies
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.