This fresh salad provides nutrition from two types of cabbage, savoy & red (or purple). Adding a variety of raw cabbage provides an array of cancer-fighting elements.
Servings: 8 Print Recipe
- 1 large head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or agave nectar for vegan dressing)
- In a large bowl mix cabbage, onion, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in separate bowl and toss with cabbage mix.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Note: Cabbage holds up well so this salad lasts 3 days in the fridge!
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Cabbage Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Cass Cline says
I need some cabbage recipes, so thanks for this timely recipe. Cabbage is good to help fight osteoporosis and osteopenia.
I have enjoyed your classes in the past and love your cookbook and these wonderful tips.
Keep up the good work, for good health!
Stephen Sinclair says
Huge hit. I roasted the almonds in my toaster oven, let then cool, and then cut them into halves or thirds. Added more apple cider vinegar to give a bit more of a kick. Very satisfying side dish.