15 • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tempeh, crumbled (or ground chicken)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Shredded veggies (carrots, purple cabbage, coleslaw mix)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Brown rice
- Sesame seeds
1) In a skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil and chopped onion. Sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
2) Add tempeh, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), ginger, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes. Note: If using ground chicken, cook until it's no longer pink.
3) Turn off the heat and stir in shredded carrots, purple cabbage, coleslaw mix.
4) Serve in bowls topped with green onion. Optional: Add cooked brown rice to your bowl for some whole grain goodness & sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional Facts for Egg Roll Bowl
1/4 skillet (without brown rice)
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.