15 • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Shredded veggies (carrots, purple cabbage, coleslaw mix)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Brown rice
- Sesame seeds
1) In a skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil and chopped onion. Sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
2) Add tempeh, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), ginger, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
3) Turn off the heat and stir in shredded carrots, purple cabbage, coleslaw mix.
4) Serve in bowls topped with green onion. Optional: Add cooked brown rice to your bowl for some whole grain goodness & sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional Facts for Egg Roll Bowl
1/4 skillet (without brown rice)
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.