Pickle your own onions in advance and have the tangy condiment on hand all week. Once the onions are pickled, the sandwich will be ready in minutes.
Servings: 1 Print Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or almond butter or cashew butter)
- 2 slices whole grain bread (such as Ezekiel™)
- Pickled red onion slices*
- Fresh baby spinach
- Cucumber slices
- Spread sunflower seed butter on bread.
- Make sandwich with pickled red onion slices, spinach and cucumber slices.
To pickle onions:
- Slice 1 medium red onion.
- Bring 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup water and 1/4 cup agave nectar to boil.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over onion slices and let sit in fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and keep pickled onions for up to 7 days in fridge.
Nutritional Facts for Garden Sunflower Sandwich
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply