We make veggie tacos around our house all the time. It’s basically our #1 go-to meal (#TacoObsessed). We make a million variations, but the main gist is corn tortillas, beans, and some kind of veggies. We never skip the avocado since it adds fatty decadence without having to rely on cheese or sour cream.
15 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
• 1 avocado, chopped
• Juice of 1/2 lime
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
• Hot sauce (optional)
• 6 sprouted corn tortillas
• 3 cups baby spinach leaves, cut into strips
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- PREP THE GUAC. In a small bowl, lightly mash together avocado, lime & salt.
- MAKE THE TACOS. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, beans, & hot sauce (if using) and cook for about 4 minutes, slightly mashing the beans with a fork, until warm. While that's cooking, warm the tortillas directly on a stove burner over low heat. Use tongs to flip the tortillas from one side to the other. They get toasty and brown pretty quick so keep an eye on them!
- ASSEMBLE THE TACOS. Fill the warm tortillas with the smashed beans, spinach, & cilantro. Top with the guac.
Nutritional Facts for Guac and Greens Tacos
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This is a comment from a long time ago. I absolutely love the idea for green bags with spinach a berry fruit and lemon juice I just love love these make many of them and keep them in the freezer a good way to get your vegetables in a hurry! And fills u up!
DJ Blatner, RDN says
Yeah baby! Glad you’re a fan of frozen green juice bags, too! Here’s the link: https://dawnjacksonblatner.com/2018/04/frozen-green-juice-bags/