Kale & Cheddar Egg Bites are great to make on the weekend so you can enjoy them for quick breakfasts or snacks throughout the week. They also make great party appetizers.
Store them covered in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 2 months. Each bite has 8g of protein!
– I use a silicone muffin pan & the egg bites come out of it perfectly!
– I love the combo of kale & cheddar, but you can use other sauteed veggies or cheese like mushrooms & swiss or spinach & parmesan.
– Reheat in the microwave for ~30 seconds from the fridge or ~60+ seconds from the freezer. Or reheat in a toaster oven or under the broiler.
5 mins prep; 20 mins bake • Servings: 12 egg bites Print Recipe
2 cups chopped kale
1/2 tablespoon olive oil (+ a little extra for brushing)
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt & pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook kale in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Brush a little olive oil into a 12-cup muffin pan and add about 2 tablespoons of sauteed kale into each cup.
3. Whisk eggs with salt & pepper and pour evenly into the muffin pan.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese on each.
5. Bake 350 degrees F for about 18-20 minutes, until eggs are set.
Nutritional Facts for Kale & Cheddar Egg Bites
1 egg bite
12 egg bites
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.