Skip the jarred pasta sauce for this combination of lemon, garlic and chili pepper flakes. Mix in white beans and artichokes hearts for the ultimate pasta experience.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 6 ounces dry whole grain pasta (such as Racconto™ linguini)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white beans, rinsed & drained
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Reserve 4 Tablespoons pasta water.
- Sauté oil, garlic, lemon zest and hot pepper flakes for 1 minute.
- Add artichokes and sauté for 6 minutes until thawed/tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add white beans and sauté for 3 additional minutes, until mixture is hot. If dry, add reserved pasta water.
- Toss pasta with artichoke mixture. Top with lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper and optional cheese.
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Garlic Pasta with Artichokes
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.