Meal Prep Potato Burrito Bowls are the perfect make-ahead meal for lunch or dinner during a busy week. Make a few of these to keep in the fridge so you’ll have a craveable, nutritious meal ready & waiting for you.
Prep: 15 mins; Cook 20 mins • Servings: four 3-cup containers Print Recipe
- 2 russet or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed/drained
- 4 cups shredded green or purple cabbage
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1” cubes.
- Toss potato cubes with olive oil and taco seasoning and bake for 20 minutes, flipping midway, until potatoes are tender & golden.
- While potatoes are cooking, start assembling the meal containers by evenly splitting beans, cabbage, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime into four 3-cup containers with lids.
- When potatoes are done, remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes. Add cooled potatoes to containers, cover, and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Squeeze lime over burrito bowl before eating. Enjoy the burrito bowl at room temperature or pull out potatoes & beans to warm in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and return to the container. Eat as-is or serve over chopped romaine lettuce.
Nutritional Facts for Meal Prep Potato Burrito Bowls
one 3-cup container
four 3-cup containers
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.