A quick & hearty VEGAN swap for regular meatloaf. They are the perfect comfort food. These mini lentil meatloaves are soooo easy to make & have only 5 simple ingredients! I love them served w/ mashed cauliflower or alongside mashed sweet potatoes & roasted broccoli or Brussels sprouts.
Pro-tip: Bake them in bigger batches and any leftovers can be frozen for up to 4 months.
40 minutes • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
• 2 tablespoons ground flax
• 4 tablespoons warm water
• One 9oz. package of steamed lentils
• 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
• 4 tablespoons of no sugar added ketchup
• 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 3 tablespoons of chives, finely chopped
·Preheat oven to 375°.
·In small bowl, mix together the flax and water, set aside and allow to form a thick paste.
·In a food processor, lightly pulse the lentils until they are the consistency of ground beef. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add flax mixture, onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together until well-combined. Using a cookie scoop, form the lentil mix into 8 portions and place each portion into a lightly greased muffin tin. Top each with a 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
·While lentils are baking heat cauliflower in the microwave until full cooked, ~10 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mash until it’s the consistency of mashed potatoes (an immersion blender works really well), season with salt and pepper, and mix in chives.
· Serve mini lentil meatloves on top of a helping of mashed cauliflower
Nutritional Facts for Mini Lentil Meatloaf
2 meatloafs + cauliflower mash
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.