I used Quaker’s Old Fashioned Oats to make a creamy polenta-like dinnertime option with roasted fall vegetables. Pair this with your favorite protein like roasted chicken, salmon, or lentils – so delish!
Prep: 15 mins + Cook: 20 mins • Servings: 2 Print Recipe
Roasted Fall Vegetables:
2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
1 cup cubed butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2.5 cups water
1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix brussels sprouts, squash, oil, pepper, and salt until evenly coated with oil.
- Spread the veggies evenly on a sheet pan and cook for 20 minutes, flipping once midway, until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- As veggies are baking, in a medium pot bring the water to a boil, stir in the Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently so the oats become a creamy texture.
- Turn off heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Once the veggies are done, place 1 cup of parmesan oats on a plate and top with half the roasted vegetables, 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, and serve.
Time Saver: Buy the Brussels sprouts and squash already cleaned and cut to reduce prep time.
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Oats with Roasted Fall Vegetables
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.