Use canned pumpkin in a dessert other than in a pie! This nutritious pudding contains 145% of your vitamin A recommendation.
Servings: 8 Print Recipe
- Bread Pudding:
- 8 ounce whole grain bread loaf (8 slices whole grain bread), chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Cooking spray
- Yogurt Topping:
- 1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1.5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Candied Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/4 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (“green pumpkin seeds”)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Mix bread pudding ingredients together and put into baking dish misted with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir together yogurt with maple syrup. Set aside.
- In skillet, sauté pumpkin seeds with maple syrup for 5 minutes, until syrup thickens and seeds are coated. Set aside to cool.
- Serve bread pudding with yogurt topping and candied pumpkin seeds.
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Candied Seeds
1/2 cup + toppings
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.