Usually pizza has a crust made from REFINED white flour, is topped w/ lots of cheese, & never has enough veggies. This version uses a whole grain tortilla for a thin crust, a little bit of cheese, & a heavy handful of kale.
15 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
• 2 teaspoons evoo
• 2-4 kale leaves, stemmed & chopped (~2 cups)
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• One 10-inch sprouted whole grain tortilla
• 1/4 cup C.R.A.P.-free marinara sauce (no added sugar/mostly tomatoes!)
• 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Just 3 easy steps...
- COOK KALE: In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add kale, garlic & crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring so the garlic doesn't burn, for ~ 4 minutes, until the kale is wilted. Transfter the kale to a plate and set aside.
- CRISP TORTILLA: Wipe the skillet to remove the oil & set it back over medium heat. Add the tortilla & heat until the bottom is crisp, ~3-4 minuts. Flip it over so the crisp side is up.
- TOP IT: Spoon on some marinara, put on the kale & cheese. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the cheese starts to melt & the bottom of the tortilla is crisp.
Vegan SWAP: Swap the cheese for 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts.
Nutritional Facts for Quick Kale Pizza
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.