Make your own version of a meatless California roll. Once the veggies are chopped, these sushi rolls are ready in a flash.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 8 nori sheets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup matchstick-cut red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Spread 1/4 cup room-temperature, cooked brown rice on each nori sheet.
- Toward the center of each sheet, line up (without overlapping ingredients) 2 Tablespoons edamame, 6 matchsticks each: red bell pepper/cucumber/carrot, 1/8 avocado and 1 Tablespoon onion.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and drizzle 1 teaspoon of sauce in each wrap.
- Roll like a burrito/sandwich wrap. Enjoy cold or at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts for Quick Veggie Sushi w/Honey Sesame Sauce
2 sushi wraps
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Can I make this vegan by adding agave instead of honey?
I prefer 100% pure maple syrup instead of the honey to make this vegan. One research study suggests there are more antioxidants in 100% pure maple syrup than agave. xx
Anne Bonilla says
I am allergic to soy. Could I substitute cooked fish for the edamame?
DJ Blatner, RDN says
Yes! Love the idea of swapping proteins here to fish like shrimp, salmon, or tuna. It will taste great.