Packaged ramen seems like a convenient lunch or dinner option — but most offer refined white noodles, sometimes even pre-fried, and swimming in a broth made with seasoning full of preservatives, artificial flavors, and MSG. Instead, make this SuperSwap version with whole-grain noodles and veggies. You can make it ahead of time and when you’re ready to eat, just add hot water.
25 minutes • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic white miso (shiro miso)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (~ 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic reduced-sodium gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
NOODLES & VEGGIES
- 4 ounces uncooked 100% brown rice spaghetti noodles
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup halved and thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup frozen organic shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups almost-boiling water
• In a small bowl, stir together the tahini, miso, lime, soy sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Divide the mixture evenly between two 4-cup lidded glass jars.
• Cook the noodles according to the package directions being careful not to overcook. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl and toss with the sesame oil to coat. Divide the cooked noodles, mushrooms, spinach, edamame, and green onions between the jars. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
• When ready to eat, add 1 cup of almost-boiling water to each jar. Cover and let sit for 3 minutes, shaking the jar a couple of times. Stir well and ENJOY!
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Jar
1/4 recipe yield
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.