I know there are billions of versions of chili in the world, but I LOVE this one because it’s packed with kale & beans, two of the best superfoods!
This chili is 100% vegetarian, but even the meat lovers will go wild for it. A few other ways we like to use it:
💫 Chili 7-layer dip w/ chips
💫 Chili baked fries
💫 Chili stuffed peppers
💫 Chili breakfast shakshuka
💫 Chili burrito
25 minutes • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch chopped kale (4 cups)
- One 28-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- One 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Toppings: 1 Tbsp chopped green onion, 1/2 avocado sliced
In a large soup pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chili powder and crushed red pepper. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, ~5 minutes. Add kale and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes and broth and season with salt, bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer and add beans. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Serve hot and top with green onions and avocado.
Nutritional Facts for Superfood Chili
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.