Sweet version for when I crave something like a cinnamon scone. Savory version for when I crave a classic egg sandwich, healthified.
5 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- cooking spray
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Top each toast with half the mashed avocado.
2. Mist nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook egg.
3. Top savory avocado toast with egg, crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt. [And I LOVE to shove lots of spinach or arugula or baby kale between the avocado & egg! Eat your greens baby! In fact, I put so many greens on that I have to eat it w/ a fork & knife.]
4. Top sweet avocado toast with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
5. Nutrition details: 1 piece sweet avocado toast= 190 cals, 10g fat, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g protein; 1 piece savory avocado toast= 200 cals, 10g fat, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g protein.
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Avocado Toast
1 sweet piece + 1 savory piece
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Debbie brenner says
Love this, it’s my go to breakfast…
I saw you prepare this on Windy City Live.
What could you swap for the avocado?
You can use hummus for the savory version w/ egg. You can have sprouted toast, almond or cashew butter & sliced apple with cinnamon for the sweet version. OMYUM!
Don Phillippe says
I have eaten this at least 3x per week for the last 4 weeks.
I give it 3 F’s
Fast to make
and surprisingly Filling.
I am rarely hungry at lunchtime when I eat this for breakfast.
Um, hello??! I love the 3F’s! That’s like the best rating ever! xoxoxo
Brilliant! If you had to blindfold me on the sweet version, seriously I would think I am really having a cinnabun. A couple of stray pepper flakes made it over on my sweet version, I subbed almonds and used apple-pie spice. Delicious. So clever, thanks for making me a happy camper : )