Turmeric gives tofu an egg-like color while pesto (homemade or store-bought) brings a brilliant flavor to your breakfast table.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 package (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, pressed to remove excess water
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- Cashew Pesto (see below)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Cashew Pesto (makes about 10 Tablespoons):
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- With a fork, mash tofu & turmeric together until tofu resembles scrambled-egg texture (will be tinted an egg-like yellow hue from turmeric).
- In food processor, pulse pesto ingredients until smooth.
- In skillet over medium heat, sauté tofu, pesto and spinach until heated.
- Optional: To round out the meal, serve tofu scramble with a slice of sprouted grain toast & orange slices.
- NOTE: Keep leftover scramble for up to 5 days covered in the fridge.
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Pesto Scramble
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply