Servings: 12 meatballs Print Recipe
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 tablespoons warm water
1.5 cups cooked lentils (or about 1 can, rinsed & drained)
1/2 onion, very finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
6 brown rice crackers, crushed into crumbs (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon each: cayenne, sea salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flaxseeds with water & let sit for 5 minutes, until it has the gooey texture of an egg.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mashed the flax mixture with lentils, onion, garlic, crackers, parsley, and seasonings until it holds together.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, make 12 lentil balls and put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
PS: Freeze extra cooked meatballs in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Lentil “Meatballs”
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.