I love this White Chili because it is such a FLEXITARIAN superstar!! Make it with chicken or beans and no matter what … it SHINES!!
40 MINUTES • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 15oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained, set aside
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, baked and shredded, set aside
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 large poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 bunches kales, stemmed and finely chopped
- Two 32oz. containers low sodium vegetable broth
- Toppings: sliced jalapeño, 3 tsp chopped cilantro, 1 Tbsp 2% Greek yogurt, 1/4 sliced avocado, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar
In a large stock pot, heat oil and add cumin and coriander, cook until spices become fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add onion and poblano peppers and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, green chiles, and kale and cook until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Build your bowl with beans and/or chicken on the bottom (FLEXITARIAN), fill with hot soup and add your favorite toppings.
Nutritional Facts for White Chili
1/4 recipe yield
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply