I had NO IDEA that you could make your own ice cream with some ice, salt, and a couple of storage bags! No ice cream maker needed!
All you do is SHAKE!
I can’t believe this works! It’s magic. And so👏darn👏fun👏
The best part … my ice cream in a bag is plant-based with 50% less sugar than regular ice cream (12g vs. 28g per cup).
It’s a “SHAKE & MAKE” treat you just gotta try…
10 minutes • Servings: 1 bag Print Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Fill a gallon-sized storage bag halfway with ice and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of salt.
2. Fill a sandwich-sized storage bag with milk, sugar, and vanilla. Then seal the bag.
3. Put the small bag into the big bag, top with some more ice, and seal.
4. Shake the bag for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy like ice cream.
5. That’s it. Enjoy right away as-is or add your favorite toppings.
✨Toppings: Dark chocolate chips, fresh fruit like berries, cherries or bananas, chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, or nut butter drizzle.
✨Salt: Any salt will work, but use kosher or rock salt if you have it. The larger crystals may chill ice cream more evenly for a better texture.
✨Milk: Use your favorite unsweetened plant milk like almond, coconut, cashew, or oat.
✨Sugar: Sugar or coconut sugar works better than other sweeteners like honey or maple syrup (discovered after many recipe tests!)
✨Gloves: The bag gets super cold when you’re shaking it so keep hands warm by using gloves, a towel, or oven mitts.
✨Leftovers: Make it right when you want to eat it. Leftovers don’t freeze well, they get too hard.
Nutritional Facts for 3-Ingredient Ice Cream in a Bag
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.