This 4-ingredient cheese-like spread features almonds which contain bone-building magnesium, anti-inflammatory fats, filling fiber, and 30% daily dose of skin-firming vitamin E.
10 minutes • Servings: 12 Print Recipe
- 2 cups blanched almonds, soaked overnight (about 8-12 hours) & drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add soaked & DRAINED almonds, water, white vinegar or fresh lemon juice and sea salt to a blender.
2. Puree 5 minutes, until smooth.
3. Form into a molded round (like brie).
4. Top with fresh chives, fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes.
5. Serve with superseed crackers and vegetables.
Nutritional Facts for Almond “Cream” Cheese
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Yum! Cannot wait to make this for my Christmas appy table – now I have something delicious to eat, too.
Merry Christmas, Dawn!
It’s so good!! And easy! Enjoy! Xoxox
Sounds like an easy recipe, if someone blanched the almonds for me 😉
You don’t have to blanch them. I bought an 8 ounce bag (2 cups) blanched slivered almonds! So easy! Xo
How long does this cheese last ? Plan on making it soon. Recipe looks really good.
Great! Hope you try it! Once you make it, it lasts 5 days in the fridge. xoxo
Leona Will says
Blanched almonds = without the brown skin on them? After blanching, do I use the reserved water or use fresh water, Dawn? Thanks.
Hey Leona! I buy almonds already blanched (without brown outer skin)…soak & DRAIN them…and then blend them with a fresh 1/2 cup water + 2 tablespoons white vinegar or fresh lemon juice + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Yumm!