Increase your iodine intake with these vegan sushi-inspired rolls. Adjust the intensity by increasing or decreasing the amount of wasabi used in the recipe.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- Wasabi Chickpeas:
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, drained, dried
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 3 teaspoons warm water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Nori Rolls:
- 8 nori seaweed sheets
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 cups cooked & cooled brown rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about large 2 carrots)
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet misted with cooking spray and bake for 40 minutes, shaking occasionally, until crisp. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix wasabi powder and water until a thick paste.
- Shake crunchy chickpeas with wasabi paste in small plastic bag until coated. Sprinkle with salt and put back in oven for 15 minutes to have wasabi flavor dry onto the chickpeas.
- Layer nori sheets with mashed avocado, brown rice, carrots, cucumbers, bell pepper and chopped wasabi chickpeas. Roll and cut in half. Dip into soy sauce.
- NOTE: For leftovers, store ingredients separately and wrap in nori just before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Nori Rolls with Wasabi Chickpeas
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply