Chocolatey BROWNIE taste WITHOUT flour, sugar, or butter: a clear SuperSwap!! And they are super easy … no baking required! Put them in a cute jar for yourself and/or use as a hostess or holiday gift.
45 minutes • Servings: Makes 8 Brownie Bites Print Recipe
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons almost-boiling water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (avoid Dutched versions), plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
• In a food processor, purée the dates and water until a sticky paste forms and balls up on the blade. Add the cocoa powder, walnuts, and chia seeds and pulse until a solid dough forms.
• With a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, form the dough into 8 round balls, setting them on a plate as you work. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to set. Roll each ball in cocoa powder to coat lightly and sprinkle with salt. Serve or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Hot tip: Add spice to the mix — try cayenne, ground ginger, or ground cinnamon.
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Bites
1 brownie bite
Makes 8 Brownie Bites
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply