This MAGICAL cheese sauce is:
💥made from cashews
💥vegan & dairy-free
💥just 4 ingredients
💥a source of plant-protein
💥made quickly in a blender
💥life-changing (I’m not being dramatic)
Servings: Makes 1 cup Print Recipe
1 cup raw cashews (not toasted or salted)
2 cups hot water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast*
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
your favorite salsa or hot sauce
*nutritional yeast is like vegan parmesan cheese. It can be purchased at health food stores or online.
1. Cover cashews with 1 cup hot water and let soak for 15 minutes, then drain/discard water.
2. To blender, add drained cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend in 1 fresh cup hot water, a little at a time, until you get the texture you want.
3. Blend until it's a creamy sauce. Add additional hot water if it's too thick.
4. Top w/ favorite salsa or hot sauce. Use as much or as little as you like.
5. Serve with organic corn or black bean tortilla chips and bell peppers.
Also great with...
1. roasted broccoli
2. baked potato wedges
3. sheet pan nachos
4. pasta for mac & cheese
5. veggie burritos
6. eggs & veggie benedict
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Queso
Makes 1 cup
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.