With this super swap, you get 10x fewer calories and 3x more fiber than regular grits… plus 50% of your daily dose of immune-boosting & skin-firming vitamin C.
15 minutes • Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups riced cauliflower* (about 1 head of cauliflower, grated)
- 1/2 cup water, split
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a medium-sized pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add riced cauliflower and 1/4 cup water to pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. As the cauliflower is cooking use a fork or potato masher to break up large pieces of cauliflower.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of water, salt, and pepper. Cook cauliflower for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently and mashing pieces to a smoother consistency.
- Once cauliflower has a thicker “grit-like” consistency, turn off heat, and stir in grated cheddar cheese until it’s evenly distributed. Serve & enjoy!
*Riced Cauliflower: Buy it pre-riced in the frozen or produce section of the grocery store or DIY by using a cheese grated or food processor.
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Cheese Grits
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply