I’m always looking for FUN ways to eat more beans since they support healthy digestion, increase fullness, and keep energy levels steady throughout the day.
After many recipe tests to get it just right, I’ve gotta share with you one of the most FUN & DELISH ways to eat beans….
dreamy, chocolatey spread that’s way better for you than the jarred stuff
The classic chocolate hazelnut spread (2 tablespoons) has 200 calories, 21 grams of SUGAR and artificial flavors. Nooooo!
My CHICKPEA NUTELLA (2 tablespoons) has just 80 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and is made w/ simple, wholesome ingredients. So.Much.Yes!
15 minutes • Servings: 10 Print Recipe
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained/rinsed
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
In a blender or food processor, add chickpeas, cocoa powder, almond butter, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Blend about 5 minutes, scraping the sides as needed, until silky smooth.
- If it’s too thick, blend in 1-2 extra tablespoons of water.
- Save the extra canned chickpeas for lunch tomorrow! Add them to your salad, wrap, or lunch bowl.
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Nutella
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Kai S says
How long would this be good to store for?
DJ Blatner, RDN says
Up to 7 days in the fridge. PS: I like to use the foodsafety.gov website to help me decide how long to keep food. It’s a great resource! xx