Using Quaker gluten-free old fashioned oats makes this treat gluten-free and 100% whole grain. Plus you get plant protein from the chickpeas and good fats from the nut butter.
prep: 15 mins + bake: 25 mins • Servings: 16 squares Print Recipe
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter you like)
3/4 cup Quaker Gluten-Free Quick 1-Minute or Old Fashioned Oats
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons 100% fruit strawberry jam (or any flavor jam you like)
4 tablespoons chopped peanuts (or any nuts you like)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang.
- In a food processor (or high speed blender), puree chickpeas, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Add peanut butter and continue to blend, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, and sea salt. Add to food processor and pulse a few times, until combined but still a little chunky.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of dough. Press the remaining dough into the pan, spread the jam on top, crumble the remaining dough over the jam, and sprinkle on the peanuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top & sides are golden. Let cool completely, remove from pan, and cut into 16 squares.
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea + Oat Jam Bars
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.