This raw treat contains 6 grams of fiber and no added sugar. Snack on two bites to help you get through the midday slump or as a satisfying finish to any meal.
Servings: 8 Print Recipe
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 4-5 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw almonds and 2 Tablespoons finely chopped raw almonds
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds, split
- In food processor or blender puree dates and water until a sticky paste/ball forms.
- Pulse in cocoa powder, 1/2 cup almonds and 2 Tablespoons chia seeds until solid dough forms.
- With small scoop, form mixture into 16 Tablespoon-sized balls.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Mix together 2 Tablespoons finely chopped almonds and 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds. Roll each ball into mixture to lightly coat. Serve or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chia & Almond Bites
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Hi there. I have just made these for the first time. Would you be able to give me the weight per ball? I used the smallest scoop I had and only got 12. There was a fair amount of inaccessible waste in my Vitamix so I probably could have scooped out another ball. Next time it will definitely be a food processor recipe. Thank you.
Use your scoop but put a little less in each…the goal is to get 16 mini balls. You are close! 😉