The French toast “dippers” + creamy coffee concoction provide excellent sources of bone-bulding calcium & immune-boosting vitamin C. PS: Healthy probiotic powerhouses like kefir can bust a craving! PPS: Vanilla’s aroma can elevate feelings of joy & relaxation. #SuperfoodSwap
10 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
For the French toast:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 slice sprouted grain bread
- Cooking spray (coconut tastes great on French toast)
- ½ banana, sliced into 3 slices
For the shake:
- 1 cup coffee, cooled
- ½ cup plain kefir
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk, maple syrup & cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture & cook on lightly greased pan or griddle until both sides are lightly browned. Cut the toast into three French toast sticks.
- In a blender, combine cooled coffee, kefir, banana & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- With a straw, poke holes through French toast sticks & banana. Place interchangeably on a clean straw & place into shake. PS: I LOVE to dip the French toast sticks into my shake to let the bread soak up all the flavor. French toast "dippers". Fun!
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Freak Shake
1 Freak Shake
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I don’t drink coffee! Is there something else that could replace the coffee in this shake? Have a fantastic day!
You can use unsweetened vanilla plant milk instead of coffee…and the flavor is vanilla banana which is DELISH with french toast.
Thanks! Sounds YUMMY!!! 🙂
I tried it today with the coffee, I love it one off my new breakfasts.Thanks Dawn!!
Can you use plain greek yogurt instead of Kefir?
Yes, you can use plain Greek yogurt in this recipe instead of kefir. You may have to add a little cold water to make it thinner since kefir is more drinkable texture than Greek yogurt. The advantage to KEFIR is that it has 10 different types of good bacteria, where most Greek yogurt only has a few types. If you haven’t tried KEFIR before, give it a shot! Literally. I love a shot of plain low-fat kefir before bed with a berry chaser. 🙂