I LOVE this smoothie bowl in fall & winter months because of the warm spices of turmeric, black pepper, and cinnamon. The kefir base adds healthy probiotics & turmeric is an anti-inflammatory superstar. Another bonus of this smoothie bowl … it has NO ADDED SUGAR. All of its natural sweetness comes from the banana, coconut, and cinnamon. Sweet!
5 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
- 8 ounces plain low-fat kefir
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a blender, purée the kefir, half the banana, turmeric, and pepper. Slice the remaining half of the banana. Pour the kefir mixture into a bowl and top it with the banana slices, walnuts, coconut, and cinnamon.
Nutritional Facts for Golden Smoothie Bowl
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.