Bad news: A typical Matcha Latte from coffeeshops around town has CRAP ingredients including refined sugar, artificial flavors/colors & preservatives. Good news: You can easily make a Matcha Green Tea Latte at home using only 3 real-food ingredients (Matcha*, honey, coconut milk). *Matcha contains the polyphenol EGCG, a thermogenic component believed to boost metabolism. Burn, baby burn! #SuperfoodSwap
2 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
- 1.5 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (canned, full fat)
1. Combine hot water, matcha powder & honey in a mason jar. Shake vigorously. Pour into a mug.
2. Add coconut milk to mason jar. Shake vigorously to get it frothy. Pour on top of the matcha mixture. YUM!
PS: Pour extra coconut milk in 1-2 tablespoon portions in an ice cube tray! Once the cubes are frozen, pop them out & store in a freezer bag so they are ready to go into your next mug of tea/coffee or stir-fry!! Smart!
Nutritional Facts for Matcha Green Tea Latte
1.5 cups (12 oz)
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.