This pizza is made with wholesome ingredients and loaded with iron, fiber, protein and vitamins A & C. No red sauce required!
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 cup hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 whole grain pitas
- Optional: dried dill, oregano, crushed red pepper
- Mediterranean Salad:
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup each: chopped tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each: dried dill, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread 4 Tablespoons hummus on each pita. Sprinkle on optional dill, oregano, crushed red pepper and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Toss salad ingredients together.
- Top hot pita with salad ingredients, cut into triangles and serve.
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Hummus Pizza
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply