Put a twist on taco night and serve these meatless bites.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Radish Slaw
- 1/2 cup shredded/julienned fresh radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Optional toppings: Queso fresco, crumbled and/or Creamy Pumpkin Seed Dressing
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté oil, poblanos, chili powder & cumin for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, beans, salt and pepper and sauté another 3-5 minutes, until heated.
- Make slaw: Combine radishes, cilantro and lime juice.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup warm pumpkin mixture into each warm tortilla. Top with radish slaw and optional toppings.
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Black Bean and Poblano Tacos
2 tacos, 1/4 cup filling in each
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Rachel Begun says
I’m a huge fan of tacos. Love this gluten free, vegan version that seems to have a nice spicy kick. Can’t wait to try it.
Tried this recipe last night. It is DELICIOUS!!! and easy and quick to make. I happen to hate radishes and replaced them with cabbage for the slaw. I was able to eat 2 servings for 460 calories and still be under the 500 calorie, flexitarian dinner quota. Try it!
Joan Shappell says
This is one of our favorites! My daughter loves it! We used broccoli slaw in place of the radishes with cilantro and lime. It is quick, easy and healthy! What is there not to love? Thanks for sharing 🙂
Love your broccoli slaw swap!
Does this recipe work as far as ratios for your superfood swap plan? It sounds great!
This recipe is definitely packed w/ superfoods & it has all the parts of a superfood swap ratio: BLACK BEANS = protein; CORN TORTILLAS = grain; PUMPKIN & RADISH SLAW = veggie. However, I would like to see even MORE VEGGIES to really hit the superfood swap ratios. I LOVE the idea of bulking up the radish slaw w/ coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage). Adding more veggie is usually the secret to making any recipe more #superfoodswap approved! xoxo
Joan Shappell says
We love these. I made them tonight with white cannellini beans since I was out of black beans. I added garlic and onion. It was delicious! I also used kale (left over from last night’s kale burgers) with lime juice, salt and pepper since I forgot to buy broccoli slaw (used that before since I don’the like radishes). Thanks for the recipe!