Introducing GOLD ENERGY BITES. The perfect snack for all you superfood junkies! TURMERIC makes them GOLD and the dash of black pepper increases the absorption of the turmeric by 2000%. I created THIS recipe using Quaker Oats because they are 100% whole grain, provide lasting energy, and are a #SuperGrain.
15 minutes • Servings: Makes 32 bites Print Recipe
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, pulse all ingredients – oats, nut butter, flaxseed, honey, coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and pepper - until smooth.
- Portion the mixture into tablespoon-size bites and roll each in your hands to form balls.
- Place balls in a container with air-tight lid. Keep in fridge for 7 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutritional Facts for Gold Energy Bites
Makes 32 bites
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.