What?!!? SPINACH DIP HUMMUS!?!?! YES!!
A new twist on classic Spinach Dip… make it with HUMMUS!
Great for snacking anytime! Don’t just wait for a party to make this SUPERFOOD SPINACH DIP HUMMUS.
Classic spinach dip blends sour cream, mayo, and a spice mix full of unnecessary ingredients like corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oil, MSG, and artificial caramel color. Instead, try this version that’s real nutrition for your cells. [can be vegan & GF]
20 minutes • Servings: 8 Print Recipe
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 ounces frozen baby spinach leaves, thawed and drained OR 6 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup plain HUMMUS!!!!
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast for vegan swap)
1. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Put the HUMMUS in a medium bowl and stir in the spinach mixture and the cheese.
Eat it warm or cold.
Serve with veggies or a few crackers, or both.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Add artichokes or water chestnuts to the mix of you want!
Sandwich: This dip also makes a great veggie sandwich spread!!!!
Kale lovers: Swap out the spinach for the same amount of kale.
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Dip Hummus
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply