Up the nutritional content of your potato pancake by making them with sweet potatoes! Mixing raw shredded sweet potato with cooked sweet potato gives this pancake great texture.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 4 cups shredded raw sweet potato (about 2 large potatoes)
- 1/2 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato (1 medium potato; time saver: cook potatoes in microwave & mash)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, lime wedges, avocado
- Spicy Garlic Greens:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Collard greens (about 12 leaves = 6 cups chopped)
- Seas salt, to taste
- Combine shredded potato, mashed potato, green onions, salt and pepper. Form into 12 cakes.
- In skillet over medium heat, sauté cakes in olive oil until golden on each side. Set aside.
- Heat beans and top, as desired, with cilantro, lime juice and avocado.
- Sauté olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and collards for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cakes, Beans & Greens
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a Reply