This delish TEMPEH BACON has an incredible 50 grams of protein per batch! And nearly 30g fiber.
Tempeh is “fermented” whole soybeans. The fermentation process makes tempeh excellent for gut-health and may make it easier to digest than other bean-based foods. Also tempeh is a “complete” protein so it has all of the essential amino acids, making it similar in quality to animal-based protein. And the secret to why it’s so so so delish is the MAGIC BACONY MARINADE.🥓
Enjoy Tempeh Bacon:
– with eggs in the morning
– as a snack (on its own or with some avocado)
– crumbled into a salad
– or my favorite… A BLT SANDWICH OR WRAP!!!!
15 minutes • Servings: 20 strips Print Recipe
8 ounces tempeh
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut tempeh into ~20 thin strips
- Whisk together coconut aminos, maple syrup, olive oil, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne.
- Toss the tempeh strips in the MAGIC BACONY MARINADE.
- NOTE: Save the leftover marinade!
- Put in a pre-heated air-fryer at 400 degrees F x 12 minutes, until crips.
- Toss the crispy tempeh strips in the leftover marinade. You don’t have to do this step, but I love it a little sticky!
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Bacon
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.