You don’t need leafy greens to make a superfood salad. This crunchy salad is an excellent source of potassium, fiber, folate & beta-carotene.
Servings: 1 salad + extra dressing Print Recipe
- Citrus Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini sesame paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored & thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons fennel fronds
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together, orange juice, tahini and chili powder. Reserve half (3 Tablespoons) for veggie dip or additional salad.
- Combine fennel, apple, carrots and walnuts and toss with 3 Tablespoons dressing.
- Garnish with fennel fronds & black pepper.
Nutritional Facts for Winter Fennel Salad
1 salad + 3 Tablespoons dressing
1 salad + extra dressing
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Ohhhh I LOVE this!! Looks sooo yummy, healthy and even sexy! Thanks Dawn!!
Elyse Novak says
I have never cut fennel before, do you have some quick instructions.
Hey there! I don’t personally have a how-to video on this yet so I left this up to Martha to teach you. This is how I do it: http://www.marthastewart.com/967593/how-cut-fennel-bulb
Lisa Pratte says
Looks fantastic. Can’t wait to try it!