Sure the flesh of the pumpkin is getting lots of glory right now…but don’t forget the superfood seeds inside!
A hearty portion size of 101 pumpkin seeds is just 150 calories and has 6g of fiber + 6g of protein. Another bonus: Pumpkin seeds contain immune boosting zinc & anxiety taming tryptophan.
Things to know:
– Roasting your own is easy! Pull them out of a pumpkin, clean, pat dry, mist w/ cooking spray, season & bake at 325F for 18-20 mins (stir halfway through) until golden.
-“Pepitas” are the green kernel within the edible white pumpkin seed shell. Find them in the bulk section of your supermarket. I love these.
– 101 seeds = 1/2 cup white inshell seeds or 1/4 cup green pepitas.
Fav ways to enjoy pumpkin seeds/pepitas:
1. Baked sweet w/ nutmeg & cinnamon
2. Baked savory w/ chili powder
3. Added to salads in place of croutons
4. Added to soups as garnish
5. Mixed into homemade seed crackers (recipe here)
Leave a Reply