Symptoms: Headaches. Fatigue. Irritability. Digestive issues. Muscle soreness.
Diagnosis: “You aren’t sick, you’re just dehydrated.”
When I make an effort to drink more water, I ALWAYS feel better! It makes sense, as water is crucial for nearly every system of our body:
– Water comprises >75% of our brain making it essential for memory, mood & motivation.
– Water helps digest food, transport nutrients & flush toxins/waste out of the body.
– Water boosts metabolism. One study found drinking 16oz of H2O upped calorie burning 30% in 10 mins & the effect lasted >30 mins.
Here are 7 tricks to hit your daily water targets (72oz for women/100oz for men):
1) Infuse it. Try Mojito (lime-mint) or Sweet-Tart (strawberry-lemon) w/ THIS bottle.
2) Start early. Add-on a mug of hot water w/ fresh lemon along side your usual AM coffee.
3) Make “super soda”. Add a shot of 100% juice to a glass of sparkling water.
4) Track it. Keep a tally of how much water you drink w/ THIS hydration reminder.
5) Get spicy. Add hot spice to increase thirst. Try cayenne popcorn or THIS avocado toast.
6) Brew it. Drink unsweetened hot or iced tea like hibiscus, green or THIS Mate Latte.
7) Find your water personality. Experiment w/ temperature, straws (love THESE) & style/size of glass to find your sweet spot.
Leave a Reply