Got sweet tooth?
Conquer cravings for good w/ my 5 SUGAR DETOX steps:
1) CLEAN! Start with removing all sweet treats, get temptation 100% out of sight! If you want something sweet, enjoy it outside of the house in fun social situations (never @ home, never alone).
2) MEALS! Eat balanced meals, on schedule. Hungry people crave immediate relief, aka sugar. Don’t fall into the trap of cutting out grains & fruit…you need those natural sugars to prevent craving refined, processed sweets.
3) TEA! After meals you crave a “taste transition” from the savory flavors, so brew yourself a cup of dessert-flavored or peppermint tea.
4) HORMONES! Exercise & sleep. These help boost “feel good” hormones so you don’t have to rely on sugar to make you happy.
5) FLAVOR! Eat plenty of flavors OPPOSITE of SWEET = SOUR & BITTER. Enjoy lots of hot lemon water, vinegar on salads & bitter leafy greens like kale & collards.
Get a printable “Sugar Detox” sign HERE! Stick this on your fridge for a daily reminder to EAT LESS SUGAR. You’re sweet enough already. xoxo
**Extra Credit to BUST A CRAVING:
– Build an army of GOOD GUT BACTERIA.
I love my ginger root tea with cinnamon, lemon and honey. I really am having a hard time letting that one go. The honey just makes it taste better. Any suggestions?
Honey does make things taste better! Ginger, cinnamon, lemon…all so good for you. So…I say if a little honey helps you enjoy super healthy foods like that, go for it! Keep the honey in the recipe, just slowly try to dial down the amount. xx
I love it
I recently found a new gummies product called ‘smart sweets’ with only 3-4g of sugar per bag. Have you had a chance to review them? I’m hoping it is OK to use. Now I find myself thinking regular gummies are too sweet.
DJ Blatner, RDN says
Ah yeah. I’ve seen those but never tasted them. I love the small portion control bags!!!! They are made mostly from fiber & stevia so they are low sugar and they have less than 100 calories. Obviously this is “CANDY” so it isn’t packed w/ nutrients, but if you are going to eat candy, I think this is a FUN choice! You make me want to try them! PS: Seems like there is potential to have bloating or digestive issues w/ these so pay attention to that. PPS: You can also play around w/ making DIY gummies from gelatin & stevia like this: https://www.vitalproteins.com/blogs/recipes/hot-cinnamon-gummy-bears-recipe xxx