I’ve been getting so HOT & SWEATY on my runs…so I created the most refreshing SPORTS POP recipe EVER! It’s the perfect treat before AND after summer fitness! #TreatYoSelf
WATERMELON ELECTROLYTE POPS
1. WATERMELON contains CITRULLINE which may boost athletic performance & reduce muscle soreness.
2. SEA SALT contains ELECTROLYTES such as sodium, potassium, calcium & magnesium to help with hydration.
1. CUT. Chop the flesh of an average-size watermelon into cubes. Be sure to include some of the white rind since that’s where citrulline is found in higher concentrations.
Note: An average size (15-pound) watermelon will give you ~11 cups of cubes.
2. BLEND. Add the cubes to a blender w/ 1 teaspoon of sea salt & blend until smooth. You’ll end up with ~6 cups of juice.
3. FREEZE. Pour juice into 16 ice pop pouches, zip close & freeze. I use THESE ice pop pouches.
Each SPORTS POP is only 25 calories.
To hydrate & recover faster, have 1 pop before + 1 pop after a sweat session! SO COOL (literally).