It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Love is in the air. And you are gonna L❤️VE this recipe…
I’m a SCONE FANGIRL. Especially w/ a cup of tea! So, I decided to create a version that is equal parts nourishment + love.
TRY THESE SCONES:
✅ just 6 whole food ingredients
✅ bake in less than 15 minutes
✅ crunchy outside, tender inside
✅ just 3g added sugar per scone
✅ satisfying 8g of protein per scone
lightly sweet, gluten-free, whole food
makes 8 scones
✨2 cups almond flour
✨2.5 tablespoons coconut sugar
✨1 teaspoon baking powder*
✨1/4 teaspoon sea salt
✨2 organic eggs
✨1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*gluten & aluminum-free
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix eggs & vanilla.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry until it turns into a dough.
5. Roll dough into a ball and press down to form a 1-inch thick disc shape. Note: If it’s too sticky, pop in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar on top of the dough and cut with a pizza cutter (like you would a pizza) into 8 wedges.
7. Place the wedges on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool and enjoy.
You can eat them as-is or I like them served with strawberries or strawberry chia jam. Store covered for up to 7 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition info (1 scone): 190 calories, 13g total fat, 0g sat fat, 55mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 9g carbs, 2g fiber, 5g total sugar, 3g added sugar, 8g protein, 0% vitamin D, 6% calcium, 15% iron, 4% potassium
April Wolcott says
These are delightful, thank you!
DJ Blatner, RDN says
I’m so glad you tried them! They are my favorite scones! And so easy to make! xx