Cashew Queso. I love you.
This MAGICAL cheese sauce is:
💥made from cashews
💥vegan & dairy-free
💥just 4 ingredients
💥a source of plant-protein
💥made quickly in a blender
💥life-changing (I’m not being dramatic)
1 cup raw cashews (not toasted or salted)
2 cups hot water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast*
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
your favorite salsa or hot sauce
*nutritional yeast is like vegan parmesan cheese. It can be purchased at health food stores or online.
1. Cover cashews with 1 cup hot water and let soak for 15 minutes, then drain/discard water.
2. To blender, add drained cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend in 1 fresh cup hot water, a little at a time, until you get the texture you want.
3. Blend until it’s a creamy sauce. Add additional hot water if it’s too thick.
4. Top w/ favorite salsa or hot sauce. Use as much or as little as you like.
5. Serve with organic corn or black bean tortilla chips and bell peppers.
AND FOR 6 MORE WAYS TO USE CASHEW QUESO…SEE BELOW👇
Nutrition Info (2 tablespoons): 90 calories, 6g total fat, 1g sat fat, 0mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g added sugar, 4g protein, 0% vitamin D, 2% calcium, 15% iron, 2% potassium
Enjoy Cashew Queso as a dip w/ chips & peppers. Here are 6 other ways to use it…
2. baked potato wedges
3. sheet pan nachos
4. pasta for mac & cheese
5. veggie burritos
6. eggs & veggie benedict
Leave a Reply