This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions are my own.
In celebration of the holiday giving season…
I want to share an easy, feel-good way to play a part in tackling hunger by collecting your spare change.
I’ve teamed up with Quaker to remind everyone about the final weeks of the Quaker Good Call Challenge that supports Feeding America®. Quaker has committed to donating $125,000 to Feeding America (which will help secure at least 1.25 million meals*) and is encouraging all of us to join in before the end of the year…
HERE’S HOW TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE
✅1. Turn an empty container (like a Quaker Oats canister) into a SPARE CHANGE BANK.
✅2. Start collecting your spare change. Personal note: I’ve been collecting my change & recently dumped it out to count it. I have a good start from the change I’ve found in my house, drawers, car, purses, and pockets.
✅3. Take your change to a participating Coinstar location (excludes NY, SD, VT) by December 31 and select “FEEDING AMERICA” to submit your donation. (Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization with a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs across the country.)
Are you with me? It’s one small act that can have a big impact.
Let’s collect our spare change & donate it by December 31!
*The monetary equivalent of meals will be donated. $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks. Quaker has committed $125,000.00. Valid: October 20 – December 31, 2021
More details on Quaker’s Good Call Challenge:
- For more than 140 years, Quaker has stood by its belief that life’s circumstances should never be a barrier to good nutrition and that one small act can have a big impact on people facing food insecurity.
- As the official oatmeal sponsor of the NFL, Quaker is acting on this purpose by teaming up with Feeding America and a few fan favorites – Drew Brees, Jerry Rice and Jerome Bettis – to encourage people to make a good call for themselves and others and help tackle hunger.
- Quaker has committed to donating $125,000 to Feeding America which can help secure at least 1.25 million meals*.*The monetary equivalent of meals will be donated. $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks.
- This donation and Challenge will supplement Quaker’s other programming with Feeding America to make a positive impact in communities and help people in need. In total, Quaker will donate $500,000 to Feeding America in 2021, which includes the Quaker Good Call Challenge and separate retail programs.
- Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization—a powerful and efficient network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs across the country.